In this series of articles and videos, I’ll show how you can become a better marksman using the OCAT System. We’ll start with the most basic shooting fundamentals and move on to reaction and self-defense drills. Before starting any of these exercises, you should know proper firearm handling and safety rules. At all times, remember to follow all firearm safety rules:
- Treat ALL firearms as if they are loaded.
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Never point the firearm at something you do not intend to shoot.
- Keep your figure off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Know what is between you and the target.
- Know what is behind the target.
- Know all the safety features of your firearm.
- Receiving proper training before handling a firearm.
As a Colorado company selling firearms-related products, we’ve started hearing from some people that they will not do business with us due to the anti-gun legislature recently passed by the Colorado state legislature.
Other firearm/hunting-related businesses also are experiencing the threat of a boycott.
People, this is not a helpful approach. You are punishing the very people who are fighting the anti-gun contingent. It is companies like ours that are working to stop, or rollback, the new anti-gun laws. If you need to express your outrage and frustration, how about boycotting the companies owned by the people pushing these laws, rather than those of us fighting the laws? We are on your side, after all.
Now before you say we should just leave the state, realize this is not an option for every company. OutWest Systems is not in a position to pack up and move at this time to avoid a…