How to Become a Better Shooter Using the OCAT System Marksmanship Trainer
In this series of articles and videos, I’ll show how you can become a better marksman using the OCAT System. We’ll start with the most basic shooting fundamentals and move on to reaction and self-defense drills. Before starting any of these exercises, you should know proper firearm handling and safety rules. At all times, remember to follow all firearm safety rules:
- Treat ALL firearms as if they are loaded.
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Never point the firearm at something you do not intend to shoot.
- Keep your figure off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Know what is between you and the target.
- Know what is behind the target.
- Know all the safety features of your firearm.
- Receiving proper training before handling a firearm.