Colorado Springs, Colo., June 19, 2013 – OutWest Systems, Inc., today announced the Optical Computer-Aided Training (OCAT) Starter System with a price of $125. The laser-ready, software-only system sets up in seconds. It’s an easy way for sportsmen, professionals and competitive shooters to quickly improve their shooting skills.
“The OCAT Starter System was designed for shooters who already have a computer, webcam and a laser training device,” said Paul Weissler, President and CEO of OutWest Systems. “And if the customer needs additional capability in the future, they can apply 100 percent of the system cost to a more advanced OCAT System.”
The system, which works in laser mode and is easily upgraded to live fire mode, provides instant feedback and in-depth analysis of every shot fired. It’s like having a spotter and a coach available at any time and at any place.
The OCAT Starter System:
- supports single or multiple shooters
- continuously monitors and shows the target on the laptop in real time
- reports exact hit location and order with real-time audio and video feedback
- works with any visible (red and/or green) laser trainer
- detects laser pulses as short as 60 milliseconds
- displays hit size and line direction to indicate muzzle movement
- includes advanced shot timer (minutes, seconds and tenths of seconds)
- includes programmable fixed and variable start delays
- features a programmable stop time (based on number of seconds and/or the number of hits)
- a no-risk upgrade to a more advanced OCAT System
“With the ever-increasing price of ammunition and range time, the system pays for itself in only a few shooting sessions,” said Jim Cline, Vice President and COO of OutWest Systems.
Additional information about OutWest Systems’ new Optical Computer-Aided Training System is available at www.OCATS.com. Friend us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/OCATSystem. Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/OCATSystem and subscribe to us on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/user/OutWestSystems.
About OutWest Systems
OutWest Systems, Inc. is located in scenic Colorado Springs, Colorado. The company develops and brings to market unique, innovative and fun products for sportsmen and avid shooters. Information about OutWest Systems is available on the Web at www.OutWestSystems.com.
The OCAT System is developed and supported in the United States.
# # #
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further company, product and partner information is available at www.OCATS.com.