Optical Computer Aided Training (OCAT) System Overview
The Optical Computer Aided Training (OCAT) System is an innovated firearms training systems that aid shooters of all ability levels to improve their accuracy, confidence, and speed. While practicing the OCAT System watches your target using a camera and a laptop computer with our custom software installed on it. As you shoot the system reports and records each shot’s location, order, and time. No longer do you need to note the order of the shots or mark the target to track your hits, the OCAT System does it for you.
With the addition of a laser training device to your firearm, the OCAT System can change almost any location into a virtual shooting range. Basement, rec room, garage, all can become your very own practice range. In laser training mode, dry-fire your firearm while the OCAT System records each laser flash as if it were a live round fired down range. Instead of spending potentially hundreds of dollars in live fire practice sessions, use a laser training device to fire thousands of virtual laser rounds for a fraction of the cost. The laser training device also prevents live rounds from being loaded into the firearm keeping you and your family safe while practicing.
- Use with virtually any caliber bullet, from .177 to .50. Use with firearms, pellet guns, and airsoft guns.
- Portable kit supports ranges up to at least 100 yards with live ammo. With the right setup, useable range is virtually unlimited.
- No specialized targets needed. Use regular paper targets. Just include a target lock symbol (print out on any computer printer) with the target. Or print out one of the dozen plus target PDF files provided.
- System can be used in sunny or cloudy weather. Calm or windy.
- No hard limit on the number of hits on a target before needing to replace the target. As long as a decent hole is punched (with up to ~50% overlap of a previous hit), the system will detect it.
- Easy to set up. No specialized technical knowledge required.
- Use with live ammo, or with one of the many laser training devices available.
- All hits made are recorded to a database for later analysis.